Rates & policies
The rate is for the boat, regardless of the number of passengers (1–6). With 6 passengers (the maximum allowed by the U.S. Coast Guard) the rate equates to only $62.50 per person per hour.
Note that some departure locations have a minimum duration of greater than one hour.
Rates include your time on the vessel, a U.S. Coast Guard licensed captain/tour guide, fuel, soft drinks, bottled water and ice. (You are welcome to bring food and drinks aboard. See our FAQs for more info.)
Life jackets for adults and kids are provided. Please let us know of any children under the age of 13 as they must wear life jackets at all times. No exceptions to this rule—this is a USCG requirement. Life jackets for dogs are available—please let us know in advance, as we don’t store them on the boats.
* + taxes & fees when applicable: Tax varies based on a combination of pick-up and drop-off location:
- If start & end are both within:
- Washington DC: 5.75% tax
- Maryland: 10% tax
- Virginia: 0% tax
- If start & end are different:
- DC → Maryland or Virginia: 0% tax
- Maryland → DC or Virginia: 10% tax
- Virginia → DC or Maryland: 0% tax
Some locations charge a docking fee as follows:
- Washington Harbour / Georgetown Waterfront: $0
- The DC Wharf / Gangplank Marina: $0
- Columbia Island Marina: $0
- The Yards Marina: $30
- Alexandria City Marina: $100*
- National Harbor: $15 (Mon–Thu) or $30 (Fri–Sun)
- Mount Vernon Wharf: $100* roundtrip or $50 one-way
Unfortunately, we have to pass these fees on to our customers.
* Note that while the dock fees from Virginia docks are higher than others, you typically will pay 0% tax, which will partially (or entirely) offset this cost.
Should you have to cancel a reservation for any reason, the following refund policy applies:
- More than 14 days from reservation date: 100% refund
- 14 days to 8 days from reservation date: 50% refund
- 7 days or less from reservation date: No refund
In rain or forecast rain, cruises will continue as planned. We have a bimini cover, umbrellas and blankets. Please bring your rain gear too. While not ideal, rainy days offer their own unique experiences.
Named storms or specific marine conditions:
Major weather events rarely impact the area. However, in the event of a named tropical storm, a hurricane, a very strong thunderstorm, a severe sea state, or unusually low temperatures, cruises will be cancelled or postponed for safety, and a full refund or credit will be issued.